Study the Original
Read the Bible in several different Greek Versions: The Byzantine/Majority Text (2000), Tischendorf 8th Ed. (1869), Textus Receptus (1550) with variants of Scrivener 1894, and the Westcott/Hort/USB4 Variants (1881). Parallel Versions are the World English Bible and Young’s Literal Translation. (King James / Authorized Version is available for download where permitted.)
You can now download various translations of the Bible, including for different languages. More are being added all the time, so check “Manage Bibles” in “Settings” often!
Parsed with Strong’s Lookups
All except Tischendorf 8th Ed. have parsed editions indexed with Strong’s Lookups. Just press-and-hold on a Strong’s number to search the dictionary. The dictionary is from Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance (1890), prepared in 2006 by Ulrik Petersen.
Mark It Up
With several different highlighter colors to choose from, you can make your text reflect your study. And with lots of layout settings, you can make the Bible look just how you like – whether it be larger text, different column sizes, different typefaces – the possibilities are myriad. There are also themes that help when reading at night.
Write in the Margins
Okay, not quite literally. But you can attach notes of just about any length to any verse and review them later. Or, if you want to read your notes along with the text, you can display them inline. When writing notes, the editor has been enhanced to permit easy verse lookup and Strong’s lookup, and on the iPad, there’s a fifth row on the keyboard permitting quick access to commonly used symbols.
Search the Word
Advanced full-text search of the entire Bible for both the Greek and English translations. Want to know every verse that contains the word “prophet”? Now you can. Note: To search for Greek words, it is suggested that you add the Greek keyboard to your device in the Settings app.
Copy the Text
If you want to copy the content and paste it somewhere else, like in an email or presentation, you can copy one verse, or multiple at once. The text includes both the Greek and English versions, and any notes that might be attached in the selection.
Online or Offline
The full version of each text is included within the application itself, so you don’t need an active connection to the Internet to do your studies. If you are online, you can look up verses and content on various websites.
All the Features
- New look and feel to blend in perfectly with iOS 7.
- Multiple Greek Versions, including parsing for three.
- Westcott-Hort edition includes diacritics.
- Young’s Literal Translation and the World English Bible texts.
- Downloadable Bibles, including the KJV (where permitted) and other-language editions.
- Transliterate the Greek into readable letterforms.
- Highlight in Five Different Colors.
- Bookmark any Number of Verses.
- Create Annotations for Verses, and Edit or Remove them later.
- Copy Verses with Notes to your clipboard.
- Copy Strong’s Definitions to your clipboard.
- Look up Strong’s words by number or by keyword.
- Fine-Grained Layout Settings.
- Specialized Greek Fonts.
- Different Color Themes for easy reading.
- Enter Full-Screen Mode for Even More Room.
- History of passage navigation, Bible searches, and Strong’s Lookups.
- Export to iTunes / Import from iTunes for Extra Peace-of-mind or Sharing Between Devices.
If you’d like to see the code for yourself or suggest changes, feel free to visit or fork the github repository. The application is licensed under a Creative Commons v3 BY-SA-NC license.
For frequently asked questions and more, please visit our support page. If you’ve found a bug or are having difficulty using the app, you can report the issue to us using Github’s Issue Tracker. Also, see more about how we handle your privacy. If you want, you can read the manual.